The literature and links below are designed to help provide our hospitals with helpful tips and resources that they can take back to their hospitals and share with the organization. Some of the topics covered include Care Transition, Reducing Hospital Readmissions, Discharge Planning, Nursing Communication, and overall Patient Satisfaction discussions.
Please bookmark this page as we will update it on a regular basis with new and relative information.
J. L. Morgan White Papers
ADDITIONAL WHITE PAPERS
- IMPROVING CARE TRANSITIONS BETWEEN THE NURSING FACILITY AND THE ACUTE-CARE HOSPITAL SETTINGS American Medical Directors Policy, March 2010
- RARE – Reducing Avoidable Readmissions Effectively
- Website providing resources and literature on a variety of topics including post-discharge planning, reducing readmissions, and care transition.
- Hospital Cleaning Best Practices: How to Keep Patients and Staff Safe
- Kaivac, Retrieved October 2015
COMMUNICATION ABOUT MEDICATIONS
- Addressing the HCAHPS Domains: Communication about Medications and Pain Management
- Patient Experience Case Study – Cabell Huntington Hospital, The Beryl Institute, October 2015
- 12 Ways to Reduce Hospital Readmissions
- Cheryl Clark, Health Leaders Media, December 27, 2010
- Hourly Rounding to Improve Nursing Responsiveness: A Systematic Review
- Matthew D. Mitchell, PhD, Julia G. Lavenberg, PhD, RN, Dr. Rebecca Trotta, PhD, RN, and Dr. Craig A. Umscheid, MD, J Nurs Adm. 2014 September ; 44(9): 462 – 472
- 10 most common patient complaints, grievances with hospitals
- Heather Punke, Becker’s Review, October 16, 2015
- Improving Staff Responsiveness to Patient-Initiated Call Lights, Doshia B. Williams, University of San Francisco, Feb 2014